- e-delivery is a monthly subscription service
- use it to delivery your DCP’s to supporting festivals
- NEW, included for free to all ‘e-delivery’ subscribers, OTT Services online/app streaming services
Using AutoDCP’s e-delivery service
Quickstart video on using e-delivery.
Using our e-delivery service is easy.
- First things first, filmmakers need to have a Dropbox account with enough space to hold their DCP. They will likely need to upgrade their Dropbox account in order to have enough space.
- Activate AutoDCP. Each festival has its own special link (provided by AutoDCP and sent to filmmakers by the festival runner in an introductory email). A filmakers simply click it to activate AutoDCP and automatically register themselves with the festival.
- Filmmakers copy their DCP to their Dropbox account (unless previously done automatically by making a DCP with AutoDCP). For more information check out this video.
- Next deliver it. To see how, check out this video.
- AutoDCP e-delivery service is a monthly subscription service which costs the filmmaker $10/month. Filmmakers are welcome to use the e-delivery service with other participating festivals or cancel the service at any time. There is no cost to the festival to receive DCP’s via AutoDCP e-delivery service.
- Upon successful e-delivery both the festival and the filmmaker will receive an email confirmation.
For professional Hollywood clients AutoDCP is also able to process Aspera packages. We offer full studio integration please contact us for details.
For professional Hollywood clients AutoDCP is also able to handle Sohonet swift object stores. We offer full studio integration please contact us for details.
e-delivery now includes access to AutoDCP’s new OTT services (an online virtual screening platform). Please note canceling your edelivery services will suspend your audiences ability to access any content that you have made available to them.
To update your subscription preferences, you do this from within paypal. Please visit the paypal website to do so, here. For example to cancel your e-delivery subscription.
Canceling your subscription will not delete or prevent you from accessing your previously created or uploaded DCP’s. As long as you continue to maintain your Dropbox account you can do whatever you like with your DCP’s (with the exception of using the AutoDCP e-delivery and OTT service).
Here’s a recap of the AutoDCP delivery services, how it works, and how we recommend using it.
- Its a monthly subscription service, you will be charged once a month each month, whether you use the service or not
- You can cancel it at any time via your paypal account, its your responsibility to do so
- There is no limit to how many times you can use the service each month, its an all-you-can-eat type service, its not a pay-per use service. The only requirement is that the festival you wish to ship to is part of the AutoDCP edelivery program.
- Your festival will provide you a welcome/signup letter which includes, among other things, the following:
- the festival deadline to deliver content to them
- a link unique to them that lets you use AutoDCP edelivery to deliver to them specifically
- a note that this is a monthly subscription service which you can cancel at anytime and a recommendation to do so if not partipcating in other festivals
- At the time you choose to delivery your first DCP to the festival the process is as follows (assuming you’ve not already signed up):
- You will be automatically re-directed to the paypal website to signup to the subscription service. It notifies you its a monthly service, and the costs
- Upon agreement to the monthly subscription you are immediately charged for the first month and you can send as many of your DCP’s as you like to any participating film festival
- Your billing cycle will be based on your original signup date, paypal will charge you monthly whether you use the service or not on that date. You can cancel the service at anytime.